Friday, September 26, 2008

Dallin Goes to School



While Caleb made the cut-off into Kindergarten by a month, Dallin missed it by the same amount. Although the boys are only two years and two months apart, Caleb will be in third grade before Dallin even starts Kindergarten. Dallin has expressed to me many times that he feels big enough and smart enough to be in school with Caleb (I understand his competitive nature because I am a second child too ... sorry Kim).

I was happy to discover a cute little preschool that is based out of Caleb's elementary school. The teachers are great, and Dallin was lucky to be one of the students chosen off the waiting list. Dallin attends Monday and Wednesday for a few hours. It's perfect for him, and he loves it.



With great excitement, Dallin described his first day of school to the family over dinner. On that particular day, he did a craft using silly string, played at the sand/water table, swung in the reading hammock, and built a fort with blocks. After hearing his activities described in detail, Caleb said, "You are so LUCKY. We just do learning things in my class." Since then, when Dal attends school, he comes home with a full report. "Today in my class we ate treats, drew pictures, sang songs, played outside, etc. Did your class do that Caleb?"

4 comments:

Casey said...

Oh Joyce, I'm sure you already know this but you have years of competitive spirit to enjoy in you house with all of those boys. My brothers are the best of friends but they are SOOOO competitive! Have fun with that! I've said it before and I'll say it again... you are all so beautiful!!!! I love your family and always will. I'm so glad we can keep in touch through your blog!

Blackburns said...

Wow Dallin it sounds like you have so much fun. I get to read stories and paint in my class too. Good luck on the competitive spirits Joyce, they are such cute boys I can't imagine it will be to bad.

Mama and Papa Swenson said...

I am so happy our little Dallin is happy.
XOXO Love, Mom XOXO

Caywoods said...

What a big boy! I am glad he seems to be loving preschool. That was such a great find!