Monday, March 29, 2010

A day at the beach

We had the most wonderful day at the beach. After arriving and walking around for a short period we came across a beach full of seals basking in the sun. The boys enjoyed watching the seals and birds for a while, but were soon ready to move on.

As we continued on our walk we noticed a crowd gathering and asked what they were looking at. It was a seal in labor. She was ready to deliver any minute. We waited, and watched, and ultimately witnessed the birth of this baby seal. It was amazing to see and definitely one of the highlights of our trip.



During our wait, I entertained myself by taking photos of my boys against the wall. They were not as entertained as I by this. However, they willingly participated for my sake. Witnessing the birth of a seal and the cooperation of my three boys for a photo shoot made for two miraculous events in one day.


1 comment:

Willis Family said...

This looks like it was such a fun trip! I'm so happy it all turned out so well and that you had a great time. I'm especially happy you took pics. I've been so curious! The seal having a baby is amazing...lucky for you guys to have been in the right place at the right time:)