Monday, March 29, 2010

A Trip to The Los Angeles Fire Dept.

Another highlight of our trip to California was our trip to the fire department where Uncle Steve works. He gave us the grand tour and VIP treatment. We were able to ride around town in the fire engine, run the sirens, honk the horns, climb in and explore the firetruck, spray the water hose, and even slide down the firefighters slide. It was a very fun and eventful evening. The boys couldn't get enough and haven't stopped talking about it since. Thanks again Uncle Steve!












In the station lot, the boys spotted a basketball hoop and started to play a little. I smile every time I look at the last picture of Blake shooting. He must have shot the ball 25+ times. Even after the older boys had called it quits, Blake continued to shoot. He didn't have bad form, but his height was restrictive. Even so, I truly believe he thought the ball would reach the hoop each time he shot it. Finally, when we were called in for dinner, I persuaded him to put the ball away. That boy defines determination and that photo defines him. I love it!



The boys thought the firefighter slide was the coolest. They tried it again and again with increased speed every time. The slide runs from the firefighters bedroom down to where the engines are kept so they can head out quickly. When this was explained to Caleb, he tried to convince me that getting ready for school would be much easier for him if I'd help install a similar slide system in our house. I told him maybe in the future, but for now the stairs will do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks like everyone had a great time! I love the fire dept pics!

Swenson Family said...

That was great. I love installing a slide suggestion.

Blackburns said...

We were so happy to have you come for a visit!

Juliann said...

Oh my goodness-what a dream for little boys!!! We spend every outing and car ride looking for garbage trucks and fire engines, so I can only imagine the excitement of actually riding in one--a REAL one!!
btw, congrats on baby numero 4!!! Another boy! So fun! You are the perfect mom, with the most energy and gusto for life, to have four boys! When is your due date?? xoxo